- Emphasize the important role that quality writing plays in successful blogs.
- Consider naming and training student editors.
- Require that students use pseudonyms while writing.
- Include—and regularly explore—visitor maps and statistics on page views.
- Remind students to respond to commenters.
Check the link above to access his full description, covered in a 3-part blog, about tips for integrating blogs in the classroom. There are also numerous links off of Ferriter's site worth exploring. This might be one site you want to bookmark for future reference. Let us know which advice that Ferriter offers you find useful. His blog is sponsored by Teacher Leaders Network.
Photo of Bill Ferriter is from his blog site, The Tempered Radical at the Teachers Network Site, whose logo is also displayed.