We all know that textbooks become dated fast, and they have the disadvantage of not being particularly interactive. With new technology, however, the situation is bound to change. To learn more about the future of interactive textbooks and the potential demise of the conventional textbook of yore, click on the hyperlink to read the article, “WikiTexts: Learning Better by Writing the Book.” After you read the article, be sure to post your comments. We want to hear from you? Do you think wikitexts will catch on? What advantages might they have? What might be the drawbacks, if any? How does the concept of wikitexts help you re-envision education, perhaps seeing it differently from the way you were taught?
Image credit and link to article in Linux News: http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/63022.html
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (73)
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (81)
- Gaming Technology Makes Science Learning Infectiou...
- So What's To Read, Write, and Think?
- PowerPoint Points
- Lesson Plan Ideas
- Podcasts Empower Learners
- A Penny for Your Thoughts
- Facebook’s New Facelift: Internet Safety
- Blogs for Teaching
- Frustrated By Online Searches!
- Do Interactive Textbooks Enhance Learning?
- Classroom Management Put to the Virtual Test
- Digital Writing's Effect on Teens
- Internet Safety
- ▼ May (13)