The Mystery Skypes 2012-2013 is a good starting place. There you will information about how to locate classes interested in signing up for Mystery Skypes and two videos about Mystery Skypes.
For more information about Mystery Skypes, check Pernille's blog post: So You Want to Do Mystery Skype. She gives detailed information about how to run an effective Mystery Skype and provides an video. Also, check the comment section.
Now that you have checked a variety resources about Mystery Skypes, consider these questions:
- How do you think students will react? What skills will student gain from the Skype? What might they learn?
- What kinds of advanced planning do you think a teacher needs to take to make the concept work? What should a teacher do after a Mystery Skype for follow up?
- How can a Mystery Skype complement the curriculum?
- What questions do you have about Mystery Skypes?
- Would you be willing to try one in your classroom?
- What the two recommended resources, The Mystery Skypes 2012-2013 and So You Want to Do Mystery Skype helpful to you? If so, how?