Thursday, February 4, 2010
Decline in Grammar Skills
Do you believe that there has been a decline in students' grammar skills over the last 20 or so years? One study conducted by University of Ontario researchers documents a signigificant decline and suggests that texting, social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook) and the neglect of teaching grammar are the culprits. To read about the study, access this Digital Directions article, "Twitter, Texting Blamed for Students' Bad Grammar." By the way, speaking of grammar, visit this podcast site, Grammar Girls. Did you know about the site? Do you think it can help teach grammar skills?
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (73)
- Be Imaginative, Create a Comic Strip
- YouTube Now Accepts College Applications
- 10 th Grade Graduation to Begin 2011 in Connecticu...
- Graduating High School After 10th Grade
- Share PowerPoint Slides with Your Department and S...
- What Does the iGeneration Mean for Teaching?
- Jump Start on College
- Blog to Print
- Inspiring Life Lessons Told Through Video
- Rapping in the Students with Video and Collaborati...
- Online Professional Development
- Wi Fi School Buses
- What's a Ning? Why Use One?
- Parody of Classroom Technology Usage
- Black History Month Links
- The Science Behind the Olympics
- 2010 African-American Read-In
- Social Media Trends Among Teens
- Decline in Grammar Skills
- Obama's Fireside Chat
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2009 (81)
- ► 2008 (92)