Check out this blog, Free Technology for Teachers. This site is worth bookmarking and returning to weekly for access to sites that you can use. Just today I discovered from this blog this slide show Tap Into the World of Comics: Strategies for Using Comics in the Classroom as well as Museum of Humor, which offers teachers a host of lesson plans. The left sidebar on Free Technology for Teachers offers a list of links for resources in teaching social studies, English/language arts, math, science, and foreign language, while the right sidebar has links to a variety of resources. The site's designer boasts: "In 2008 Free Technology for Teachers was awarded the Edublogger Award for 'Best Resource Sharing Blog.' Free Technology for Teachers is read by an audience of more than 8000 subscribers." I know this is one blog that I have bookmarked and follow weekly. Hope you do too, and share with us helpful resources you find through the blog. Yesterday, October 29, the blog's main post was on the Crash of 1929, with the 80th anniversary of the Black Market marked on that date. A link to CNN Student News to a short segment and a PBS series American Experience with an hour long video about the stock market crash of 1929 were provided as well as this offering for watching an American Experience: The Crash of 1929 by clicking here. I also learned about the Science Netlinks - Dozens of Science Lessons, including ones for integrating science into the elementary school classroom.
For those of you seeking videos beyond YouTube these are offered:
Great Alternatives to YouTube
Dozens of More Resources
Edu Blogs TV
Ted - Ideas Worth Spreading
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (73)
- ► 2010 (44)
- Another Teacher Commends Blogging
- To Catch a Thief
- Happy Birthday: Internet Turns 40!
- Sample e-Port with TaskStream
- Why Use an E-Portfolio
- How to Embed a YouTube Video into Blogger
- Free Technology for Teachers
- Need A Laugh?
- Why Use Blogs in the Classroom
- Top 25 Websites for Teachers
- Nings in Education
- Would You If You Could? Online Master's Degree
- Cell Phones as Learning Tools
- Is the Technology Frustrating You?
- Teacher Tube
- Peace Prize
- Visual Search Engine
- Blog's Appearance
- Your Course Grade
- Students Leading the Way
- How Powerful Is PowerPoint, or Is It Pointless? Us...
- Phenonenal Use of Blogging by 6th Graders
- Vooks In the Classroom and Beyond
- ▼ October (23)
- ► 2008 (92)