There's plenty of resources available about how and why to integrate blogging into the classroom. Several blog posts in this Computers in the Classroom blog address the topic. Thus, in addition to resources listed in this specific blog, check out the index to find more resources on blogging in the classroom. Here I offer resources for using blogging with students in a variety of settings.
In this video, 4th graders talk about blogging and what they blog about and what writing for a blog is like for them. It is worth watching to hear about the benefits of blogging from their perspective.
Here is a very short video with just words and captions on why let our students blog:
For those of you who teach elementary school and are interested in using KidBlog, here's a very short video about how to use this blog.
For those of you interested in using Blogger, here is a short video about how to use blogger to set up classroom blogging.
This video discusses the why and how of blogging. Although focused on higher education, it points out numerous ways blogging supports student learning.
Here are links to two blog posts and articles to help you think further about blogging with students:
"14 Steps to Meaningful Blogging with Students"
"Blogging with Elementary School Students"
Also, I just found this web quest that a teacher created to introduce her students to blogging. Check out the web quest for ideas about how you might introduce blogging to your students, even if you have been using blogging and are looking for new ideas:
Web quest: "Blogging: It's Elementary"
Please add comments about which of the above resources were useful to you and why. Also, let us know about additional resources available online about the power of blogging with students. If you blog with your students, tell us how the experience has been going and how you might make changes in the future. Let us know what blogging platform you are using and why.
- ► 2012 (19)
- TodaysMeet: Perfect Tool for On-the-Spot, Total St...
- Web 2.0 Tools by Category
- Ideas for Using VoiceThread, A Powerful Learning T...
- Do You Meet Teacher Standards for Technololgy?
- Web 2 Tools that Will Instantly Impact Your Classr...
- Where's Education Heading Today?
- 12-Year-Old Autistic Boy Surpasses Einstein's Theo...
- Have You Tumbled Upon Tumblr?
- Time to Remind You About Edmodo
- Twitter Finds a Place in Schools
- It's SummerTime: Spring into Action
- Not to Be Missed: The Power of VoiceThread
- Textbooks Versus Laptops: A Parody
- PowerPoint Posted on SlideShare: Blogging, Forums,...
- Book a Day Almanac
- Why Make Movies in the Classroom?
- The 35 Best Web 2.0 Tools Chosen by You
- Why Are We Wasting Money on Interactive Whiteboard...
- If I Die Young....
- Let Students Teach the Class
- Blogging with Students
- The Atlantic Launches Twitter-Based Book Club
- ▼ June (22)
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (81)
- ► 2008 (92)