Wednesday, June 29, 2011
TodaysMeet: Perfect Tool for On-the-Spot, Total Student Engagement
TodaysMeet is the answer. It is a safe environment for students to post comments, a bit like Twitter, but all comments are just seen by those who are given the URL to join the discussion. It is easy for a teacher to moderate the comments, and the students are not off on the Internet using an open, public site like Twitter. TodaysMeet is excellent for backchanneling, having a place for students to write comments and pose questions while a class is in session. Check out at the site's About TodaysMeet, and then grab some friends, set up a room at the main TodaysMeet page by entering a URL, and then sending the URL to those you want to join in. TodaysMeet is definitely a powerful teaching tool. Here is also a video to learn more about TodaysMeet. Additionally, check this blog post one educator wrote about using the tool: Backchanneling with Elementary School Students. If you have checked out TodaysMeet, let us know your thoughts. If you have used it, tell us about your experiences. What are your suggestions for using the tool with students?
- ► 2012 (19)
- TodaysMeet: Perfect Tool for On-the-Spot, Total St...
- Web 2.0 Tools by Category
- Ideas for Using VoiceThread, A Powerful Learning T...
- Do You Meet Teacher Standards for Technololgy?
- Web 2 Tools that Will Instantly Impact Your Classr...
- Where's Education Heading Today?
- 12-Year-Old Autistic Boy Surpasses Einstein's Theo...
- Have You Tumbled Upon Tumblr?
- Time to Remind You About Edmodo
- Twitter Finds a Place in Schools
- It's SummerTime: Spring into Action
- Not to Be Missed: The Power of VoiceThread
- Textbooks Versus Laptops: A Parody
- PowerPoint Posted on SlideShare: Blogging, Forums,...
- Book a Day Almanac
- Why Make Movies in the Classroom?
- The 35 Best Web 2.0 Tools Chosen by You
- Why Are We Wasting Money on Interactive Whiteboard...
- If I Die Young....
- Let Students Teach the Class
- Blogging with Students
- The Atlantic Launches Twitter-Based Book Club
- ▼ June (22)
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (81)
- ► 2008 (92)